Chatswood Private Hospital and Epping Surgery Centre – Administration: 7-9 day fortnight November 21, 2019
About the business
Presmed Australia is one of the leading healthcare companies in Australia, specialising in the establishment and management of surgical day hospitals. Presmed facilities include Chatswood Private Hospital, Central Coast Day Hospital, Epping Surgery Centre and Madison Day Surgery.
We are looking for a friendly and caring person to join the administration team, working across two of our facilities – Chatswood Private Hospital and Epping Surgery Centre.
Chatswood Private Hospital (CPH) is Sydney’s only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures of the eye, ear, nose and throat. We have six operating theatres, and one laser procedure room. The hospital is a centre of excellence for Ophthalmic, ENT, Dental and Facial Surgeries.
Epping Surgery Centre was established in June 2004 and is a state-of-the-art facility, specialised in providing a full range of eye surgery procedures including cataract, glaucoma, cornea as well as cosmetic and plastic eye surgery.
We value our employees and provide them with an opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Data entry of patient details and the generation of medical records
- Checking patients financial eligibility and consents prior to admission
- Administrative admission and discharge of patients on the day of surgery
- Liaising with nursing staff, medical officers and their consulting rooms
- Reception duties and customer service
- Varied duties on a day to day basis
Skills and Experience
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Excellent reception / administration skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A considerate and mature attitude
- Flexibility to fill various 8 hour shifts, over a 7-9 day fortnight, covering hours from 6am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
- Must be willing to work across both locations
- Must be flexible to cover sick leave and holiday leave
- Previous experience in a hospital/medical environment
- Experience in SIMDAY or similar patient administration software.
A current ‘Working with Children check’ is required for this position.
- Less that 10 minute walk from Chatswood and Epping station
- No weekend work required
- 9 day fortnight
- Opportunity for career progression
- Sydney’s only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures
- Work with a large range of different surgeons and doctors to build your network and career
- Staff celebrations including monthly birthdays, team milestones and regular celebrations
- Large volume of optional further education available through a dedicated staff website, CPD website, staff training days and conferences run by CPH and the parent company PresMed Australia
- High patient satisfaction feedback rating
- A new and purpose built of specialist surgery.
Please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria and why you would like to work for Chatswood Private Hospital and Epping Surgery Centre.
For more information, please contact Jo Brown on 02 9413 4822.
Only those shortlisted will be responded to
Please no recruitment agencies
Apply for Chatswood Private Hospital and Epping Surgery Centre – Administration: 7-9 day fortnight
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv