Successful 2016 Central Coast Day Hospital Biennial Optometrist ConferenceMay 1, 2016
Central Coast Day Hospital recently held an extremely successful Optometrist Conference on 3 April 2016.
We had 27 Optometrists attend and 16 Sponsors, Staff and Ophthalmologists making a total of 43 attendees. This is consistent with our previous Conferences we held which is pleasing. The feedback that we’ve received from the Optometrists has been excellent confirming the value that they place in attending our Conferences. This feedback (return 66.6%, n=18) includes:
- 100% of attendees felt that they learnt something from the presentations.
- The length of time of presentations (100%) and venue (100%) were both positive.
- 100% of attendees said that they would attend next year’s Conference.
- A range of ophthalmic topics of interest have been provided in their evaluations and we will endeavor to target these areas of interest for future events.
Presentations from the conference are as follows:
- Dr Vivek Chowdhury – Dry Eyes/Red Eyes/ Acute Presentations
- Dr Brad Townend – Oculoplastics – Case Studies & Nutrition for Macular Degeneration
- Dr Anil Arora – Sudden Loss of Vision – Diagnosis and Management & SMILE Refractive Surgery Results
- Dr Dan Polya – Retinal Detachment
- Dr Michael Minogue – Vein Occlusion
- Dr Ross Ferrier – Micro Incisional Glaucoma Implants and Cataract Surgery
- Dr Doug Parker – Update on Keratoconus